The health and safety of our employees, customers and communities is our highest priority.
During these uncertain times, we’ve taken direct action in response to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic to safeguard the health and safety of our customers and employees.
The following document provides an overview of our crisis management and other risk mitigation efforts.
We began our response to the COVID-19 outbreak in January when we were made aware of its rapid spread through Wuhan, China. Our global HSE teams immediately began communicating with teams on the ground in China, talking to local healthcare providers, and monitoring information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
We activated our crisis management team, comprised of leaders across all our business segments, including QHSE, security, manufacturing, supply chain, sales, and operations. This team operates at an enterprise level to:
- Make decisions to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our personnel
- Proactively monitor threats to our business operations and mitigate where possible
- Manage corporate messaging to employees, suppliers, and customers
- Support Geozone Disruptive Events Management (DEM) teams in acquiring resources
- Create and/or modify policies as required
Business Continuity Planning
Our Business Continuity Management (BCM) program operates based on the global planning standard ISO 22301. In response to COVID-19, the BCM team communicates with our key stakeholders on a continuous basis to ensure that we are well-positioned to sustain our operations in support of customers.
We are reviewing our critical processes and strategies to evaluate the two most common threats during a pandemic:
- loss of people; and
- interruptions of supply chains.
Based on this information and other emerging threats, we are refining our mitigation strategies to reduce the potential impact of a disruption if these risks become a reality.
We’ve enacted crisis communication strategies to keep our employees aware of the latest developments of the pandemic and how they impact our operations. As part of our communications strategy, the following are the strategic ways we’re keeping employees informed:
- Emergency response toolkits for employees and customers
- Global communications, including email and social media as applicable
- Digital facility signage
- Screen savers with the latest information from the CDC and WHO
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Alkam Energy contact or send inquiries directly to our HSE Team.